Download the Abstract Guidelines
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The Organising Committee for the 2nd Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Conference, to be held at Crown Perth on 2 – 5 September 2019. The extended abstract is a short paper summarizing your presentation (oral or poster). It should include figures and references. It will be published in the conference digital proceedings and given to all conference attendees. Extended abstracts will be reviewed for technical content and selection purposes.
Submissions for the West Australian Basins Symposium
Full papers for the West Australian Basins Symposium (WABS) will also be accepted. Authors submitting for this should e-mail the WABS editors direct on WABS@pesa.com.au
Download the WABS paper guidelines HERE
Presentations focusing on other Australian basins or Other basins Internationally should submit an extended abstract.
The theme for the 2019 conference is “Data to Discovery”. The AEGC technical program committee has a focus on Geology, Geophysics, and Geochemistry and how these are applied in exploration for both Petroleum and Mineral systems in Australasia and the wider Asia-Pacific region.
The conference has major sub-themes encompassing but not limited to:
- New technologies
- New information from old data
- Local understanding from regional context
- Workflows and methods that reduce cost/turnaround on projects
- Cross disciplinary co-ordination
- Case studies
- Interacting and communicating science to the wider community.
Papers will be sought from a wide range of disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Petroleum systems
- Basin modelling
- Discovery techniques and regolith
- Conventional oil and gas
- Mineral mapping
- Unconventional oil and gas
- Mineral systems characteristics
- Exploration under cover
- Regional and deep crustal studies
- Remote sensing & applications
- Greenfield exploration case histories
- Brownfield development case histories
- Project generation and targeting
- CO2 sequestration
- Ore genesis
- Strategic and industrial minerals
- Environmental studies
- Hydrothermal applications
- Palaeontology and Archaeology
- Geotechnical studies
- Geohistory and geoheritage
- High performance computing
- Mining geology
- Mathematical methods
The Organising Committee also welcomes abstracts that may not fall within the set themes outlined above. More than one sub theme can be addressed.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- 20 minute oral presentation plus 5 minutes question time within conference program
- Poster display
Please ensure that all abstracts are submitted via the online submission process by Friday 12 April 2019.
Final decisions on the type of presentation offered will rest with the Programming Committee and their decision is final.
Dedicated posters sessions will be offered. Presenters are asked to prepare an AO sized poster (841mm width by 1189mm height) for display in the poster area of the exhibition for the duration of the conference. Each poster author will be allotted with a poster presentation time to stand next to their poster and present to delegates.
Poster presenters are encouraged to bring Velcro hooks or pins with them to adhere their poster/s to the poster boards.
Submitting an Extended Abstract – Details for the Author
Authors are now able to submit their full extended abstract. All extended abstracts are to be submitted online via the conference website and must be submitted by 5.00pm WST Friday 12 April 2019. Please plan your timetable for preparation and submission carefully. Extended abstracts are to be submitted as Microsoft Word documents only using a specific format – a sample abstract template is available on the call for abstracts page of the website to assist you in this task. We recommend that you use this template and save your extended abstract before uploading. Submissions that do not adhere to the requested format will be returned to the authors for re-submission.
- Length: 1- 5 pages (however very short abstracts may be judged more critically.)
- Page Margins: Set the paper size to A4, single column and set the margins to be 2 cm on the sides and 2.54 cm on the top and bottom. Do not use headers or footers.
- Paper Title: Arial 16 pt font, bold and left justified, 16pt space to next line.
- Authors: Arial 9 pt font italics, left justified and tab separated on a single line, presenting author asterisked, superscript for affiliation, 0 pt space to next line.
- Affiliation: Arial 8pt italic font, left justified under each author name, 0 pt space to next line.
- Abstract: Times New Roman 9 pt font, fully justified. Section headers Times New Roman 10 pt font bold and centred. Abstract text to follow on directly after the title. Abstracts must be a minimum of two pages and a maximum of four pages, including figures. Abstracts must be text with legible graphics embedded.
- Acknowledgements (if applicable): Times New Roman 9 pt font. Acknowledgements to follow directly after the end of the main text.
- References (if applicable): Times New Roman 9 pt font, fully justified. Section header bold and centred. References text to follow directly after the acknowledgements.
Following the peer review process, authors will be notified of acceptance, decline and/or suggested modifications to the extended abstract by Friday, 3 May 2019 at the very latest. Ongoing abstract review will take place during the time submissions are open, and abstracts submitted before the deadline may be notified earlier than the deadline.
Decisions made by the Program Committee and moderated by the Conference Convenors are final. Please see “key dates” for submission and revision deadlines.
Condition of Acceptance
It is a condition of acceptance of the abstract that at least the presenting author must register to attend the Conference and present the paper either orally or participate within the dedicated poster sessions. Abstracts submitted before payment of registration are eligible for an offer of acceptance but final acceptance (and publication as a conference abstract) requires registration by the deadline of Friday, 31 May 2019. All presenting authors must attend at least the full day of their presentation.
Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish the abstract in all Conference publications including the website. Presentations will not be filmed nor will delegate photography be available in sessions. An official photographer will be appointed.
Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference Committee. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Program Committee whose decision is final.
Early Bird Registration Opens: 1 March 2019
Call for Extended Abstracts Closes: Friday 12 April 2019
Author Notification: 3 May 2019 or before
Registration Deadline: 31 May 2019
Should you have any questions please contact the AEGC 2019 Event Managers
Encanta Event Management